The Paris 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP21) begins in less than two weeks! People around the world are walking for the future of our planet. We walk for transformative, systemic change, for a radical change in individual and collective lifestyles, for alternatives that exist and work, and for climate action now!
As part of our Create a Climate of Change campaign, Development and Peace invites you to join this international movement for transformative change and take four steps for the planet. By taking steps for the climate together, we show that that we care about the future of our planet.
Why four steps? Each step you take represents one of the “Change for the Planet – Care for the People” campaign messages. This campaign promotes both the transformative change we need for the planet and for people, as well as what we expect from decision-makers in Paris.
This action is inspired by the courage of pilgrims and volunteers who are walking right now from different parts of Europe to Paris, in a united call for climate action at this crucial time in history. Their steps remind us that we should embark on a journey of spiritual change and solidarity to bring about a culture of care.
As the pilgrims arrive in Paris on November 29, we will be walking in Ottawa at the 100% Possible March and in cities around the world as part of the Global Climate March. We will be walking for personal and collective change at this march. We are also making a commitment to work together for solutions and alternatives that foster solidarity and care for the environment. We will be uniting our voices for political action now!
How to participate?
1. Grab your camera, tablet, or smartphone.
2. Film a short video of your feet – viewed from above – walking four steps (a few seconds long). You can be creative with your feet.
3. Upload it to this site: http://www.fourstepsforplanet.org/
4. Share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter, and invite them to join the movement!
5. Tweet our Environment minister, Foreign Affairs minister and others who are part of the COP21 climate negociations. Let them know why you are taking 4 steps for the planet!