Temporary – Full time
Montreal or other
As soon as possible
August 31st, 2022
October 21, 2021
Send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage members of employment equity groups to apply
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position
DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE – CARITAS CANADA is one of the leading Canadian international development NGOs and the official international solidarity organization of the Canadian Catholic Church. The organization supports local partners located in several countries of the Global South. With a network of members across Canada, DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE – CARITAS CANADA raises the awareness of Canadians about the causes of worldwide poverty and injustice and mobilizes Canadians around actions for change.
To assist General Management and the working groups in planning, organizing and putting on the June 2022 Orientation Assembly in Nova Scotia.
- Organize and attend Steering group and committee meetings and ensure their proper functioning, including taking minutes;
- Organize all logistics and do the budgetary follow-up related to the Orientation Assembly;
- Coordinate the work of the Planning Committee, Steering Group and sub-committees to ensure calendar is being respected;
- Keep the Steering Group members informed on progress of all key plans;
- Prepare progress reports for presentation to National Council and its Executive Committee;
- Coordinate and in some cases, develop documents for reflection and analysis during the consultation process;
- Propose and develop consultation tools for the diocesan councils, regional assemblies, inter-departmental working groups and other groups and partners;
- Analyze the results of the discussions and reports stemming from all the consultations until June 2022, extract the key elements and create a summary;
- Participate in the June 2022 Orientation Assembly as a member of the organizing team;
- Participate as an active member of the Synthesis Committee and contribute to drafting the Resolutions document and the final report on the 2022 Orientation Assembly;
- Ensure certain follow-ups of the Orientation Assembly and actively participate in the closing of the file;
- Act as a resource / guide for members of the Orientation Assembly committees;
- Coordinate the work of a clerk who could join the team from January to July 2022.
- Completion of two university certificates or equivalent;
- 3 years of experience in event planning or other relevant experience;
- Proficient in spoken and written English and French;
- Ability to translate short documents;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and knowledge of Zoom meetings, Teams and other social media platforms;
- Ability in developing reflection documents, reference documents and work plans;
- Distinct skills in analysis and synthesis;
- Strong coordination skills;
- Highly organized with knowledge of management principles;
- Ability to work under pressure and outside regular hours;
- Understand the values, structure, and mission of Development and Peace.
- 35-hours work week;
- Competitive salary and working conditions according to the collective agreement.