Want to change people’s views on refugees and forced migration? Then spread the word about the Share the Journey campaign in your social media networks!
Download this Social Media Toolkit as a Word document
Here are some quick and easy tools for you.
How to help us
Always use the #sharejourney when posting about the campaign.
Make sure to tag us @devpeace
Campaign memes and messages
Here are some images that you can use to promote the campaign on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social media networks. Use any one of the following sample messages to go along with the memes. Adapt them as you like:
- There are 68.5 million people in the world who have been forced to flee their homes. That is double the population of Canada! It is time Canada did more to end forced migration. Sign the @devpeace petition calling on the government to take action today! www.devp.org/act #sharejourney
- No one should be forced to flee their home. Join the Share the Journey campaign and help end forced migration. Sign the @devpeace petition today! www.devp.org/act #sharejourney
- #Climate change, #hunger, #war, #persecution #poverty. There are many reasons why people are forced from their homes. Help change that by joining the Share the Journey campaign. Visit www.devp.org to find out how you can take action. #sharejourney @devpeace
- Join me in helping to end forced migration by supporting the @devpeace campaign Share the Journey. Together, we can ensure that no one is forced to flee their home. Learn more about how you can take action at www.devp.org #sharejourney
- FOR TWITTER ONLY
@CanadianPM @JustinTrudeau I support the @devpeace campaign Share the Journey. Canada must do more to address the root causes of forced migration. No one should be forced to flee their home. #sharejourney
Share a story
Watch our three short videos that tell the stories of victims of forced migration. Pick your favourite and share it. Or share all three! Cut and paste the YouTube link on your Facebook wall or Twitter feed and include the sample message for each video.
1. Burma story - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfRWQf1XA_A
Meet the Hossein family, Rohingya refugees that fled persecution in Burma. There are currently 1.2 million Rohingya refugees who can’t return to their homes. Join the Share the Journey campaign and help end forced migration. Sign the @devpeace petition today! www.devp.org/act #sharejourney
2. Nigeria story - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_mj2vrPoZc
Meet Patience, whose community in #Nigeria had to flee after an oil well exploded, contaminating their land and water. Join the Share the Journey campaign and help end forced migration. Sign the @devpeace petition today! www.devp.org/act #sharejourney
3. Syria story - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IbwTOGMAg8
Meet Aysha, a Syrian refugee in Lebanon. The war in Syria has caused the largest refugee and humanitarian crisis in the world today. Join the Share the Journey campaign and help end forced migration. Sign the @devpeace petition today! www.devp.org/act #sharejourney
Share our petition
Once you have signed our online action card at www.devp.org/act make sure to ask your friends and family to sign also by clicking on the Tweet and/or Facebook Share button.
Help us bust myths!
We’ve produced 5 short videos that set the record straight on some of the most common myths about migration and refugees. Let people know that facts matter and share these videos!
Canada is welcoming
too many immigrants
The majority of refugees are being hosted
in Western countries
All refugees live in camps
Refugees threaten the values and cultural identity of Canadians
Migrants and refugees just want to leave their country
Change your Facebook profile picture
Click here to add a frame to your Facebook profile picture that shows your solidarity with the 68.5 million children, women and men in the world today who are refugees and migrants.