One position is for Eastern and Northern Ontario
One position is for Central Ontario
Permanent Full time positions (35 hours/week)
Eastern and Northern Ontario : Ottawa or Gatineau
Central Ontario : Toronto
To be determined
Eastern and Northern Ontario : PE-ANI-OTT-09-22
Central Ontario : PE-ANI-TOR-09-22
September 29, 2022
Send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We encourage members of employment equity groups to apply.
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE–CARITAS CANADA is one of the leading Canadian international development NGOs and the official international solidarity organization of the Canadian Catholic Church. The organization supports local partners located in several countries of the Global South. With a network of members across Canada, DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE–CARITAS CANADA raises the awareness of Canadians about the causes of worldwide poverty and injustice and mobilizes Canadians around actions for change.
Reporting to the Director of the department, the animator is responsible for implementing the education, public awareness and fundraising programs, particularly the Share Lent campaign, with both the members and the broader public. The animator represents the Organization in a given region and is the basic link between the Organization and its network of members. The animator’s mandate includes recruitment, animation (facilitation), training, and accompanying the members in his or her region.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work (community development/community work), international development, or equivalent
- Proficiency in the language of the region covered by the position. Bilingualism is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) an asset
Specific experience and knowledge
- Four years of relevant experience in a multicultural environment (animation/education/community development)
- Experience working with volunteers and youth
- Experience in fundraising (asset)
- Very good knowledge of the Catholic Church and its commitments to social justice and international development
Availability and other
- Available to travel in Canada and abroad
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Competitive salary and working conditions according to the collective agreement.