Permanent full-time position (35 hours/week)
As soon as possible
September 29, 2022
Send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage members of employment equity groups to apply. Only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Development and Peace-Caritas Canada is the official international solidarity organization of the Canadian Catholic Church and one of Canada’s leading international development organizations. The Organization supports local partners in several countries in the Global South. Thanks to its network of members across Canada, Development and Peace- Caritas Canada raises Canadian public awareness on the causes of poverty and injustice in the world and mobilises Canadians in actions geared towards social change.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Communications and Campaigns develops and implements internal and external communications strategies and plans within the organization.
He/she is responsible for the organization and evaluation of communications, campaigns and public relations activities and contributes to the visibility and influence of the organization.
He/she works closely with the management team, particularly in the development of the annual Share Lent campaign and various awareness and engagement campaigns for the Canadian public.
He/she has the ability to analyze and identify, with the participation of his/her team and other departments of the organization, the appropriate measures to adapt to the rapidly changing world of social, and digital media and their impact on the population and society in general.
This position will evolue and will play a role, as the organisation is going through a restructuration.
- Develop, implement and monitor the organization’s strategic communications directions and objectives in close collaboration with other department’s directors;
- Develop, obtain approval and implement the organization’s internal and external communications plan in partnership with other departments;
- Supervise, coordinate and ensure the implementation of campaign activities and ensure the development, production and dissemination of materials and communications intended for and adapted to Development and Peace’s various audiences.
Financial and administrative management
- Contribute directly to the planning and management of resources, programs, budgets and the development of strategic orientations, as well as the preparation of internal and external reports;
- Regularly monitor the progress of activities in accordance with adopted budgets and make any necessary adjustments during the fiscal year;
- Plan, organize, direct and coordinate all activities of the Communications Department and its human, financial and material resources in accordance with the objectives and orientations of Development and Peace.
- Represent the organization at national and international meetings and participate in some commissions and working committees at the request of the Executive Director.
- Five years experience in a leadership or management position
- Significant experience in the non-profit sector
- Experience in the field of international cooperation (an asset)
- Relevant experience in human resources management and team coordination
- Strong communications and public relations strategy skills
- Excellent knowledge of the media
- Very good knowledge of the Catholic Church and its commitments in the fields of social justice and international development
- Very good knowledge of Canada’s socio-economic, political and religious realities
- Good knowledge of the national and international networks of international cooperation and Catholic media
- Excellent knowledge of the laws surrounding charitable organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing or equivalent
- Master’s degree (an asset)
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English
- Ability to write and edit texts in both languages
- Understanding of Spanish (an asset)
Software and computer programs
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Mastery of web and social media platforms
- Leadership skills
- Competence in strategic planning
- Ability to coordinate a team
- Creative and innovative spirit
- Thoroughness and rigor
- Ability to synthesize, analyze and solve problems
- Availability to travel in Canada and abroad;
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Competitive salary and benefits according to the policy for managerial staff, including a group insurance and pension plan.