Temporary Full-Time Position (35 hours/week)
Place of work
As soon as possible
May 31st, 2023 (with possibility of extension)
Numéro de concours
Fin du concours
November 11, 2022
Send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Our web site: www.devp.org
We encourage members of employment equity groups to apply. Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Development and Peace – Caritas Canada is one of the leading Canadian international development NGOs and the official international solidarity organization of the Canadian Catholic Church. The organization supports local partners located in several countries of the Global South. With a network of members across Canada, Development and Peace raises the awareness of Canadians about the causes of worldwide poverty and injustice and mobilizes Canadians around actions for change.
Summary and responsibilities
Reporting to the director of the department concerned, the office clerk provides administrative support by performing various general office duties, as needed. In this case, it’s to take the orders and to make the expedition of the material for the 2023 Share Lent Campaign and to assist the data entry team.
- Filling out material order forms, preparing correspondence, presentations or reports and other documents as required, in connection with the expedition of material;
- Prepare the material for distribution (e.g., sort out the material, make photocopies, booklets);
- Respond to certain requests received by telephone, in person or electronically, process them or forward them to the appropriate person. In this position, the person will be primarily responsible for taking orders for material to be shipped;
- Prepare and forward the mail, including boxes of material according to established procedures;
- Assist the data entry team, including opening mail;
- Perform other related duties.
High school diploma (DES)
Fluency in French or English, spoken and written
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Knowledge of a database (asset)
One year of relevant experience
Good communication with the public
Ability to fold, lift and move boxes of material
Ability to work in a team environment
Autonomy and ability to take initiative
Competitive salary and working conditions according to the collective agreement