Temporary Full-time position (35 hours/week)
Place of work
Montreal (but can be flexible)
As soon as possible
March 31, 2023
Fin du concours
October 6, 2022
Send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We encourage people from minority groups to apply.
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE – CARITAS CANADA is one of the leading Canadian international development NGOs and the official international solidarity organization of the Canadian Catholic Church. The organization supports local partners located in several countries of the Global South. With a network of members across Canada, DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE – CARITAS CANADA raises the awareness of Canadians about the causes of worldwide poverty and injustice and mobilizes Canadians around actions for change.
Reporting to the Director of the International Programs Department, the Program Officer is responsible for guiding the organisation’s strategic and budgetary commitment to one or more programs in the Global South, and for maintaining relationships with Global South partners in these programs. The Program Officer will also collaborate in the organization’s public awareness and engagement, promotion and advocacy works.
- Analyze political, economic, environmental and social issues related to the programs under his or her responsibility;
- Maintain ongoing relations with partners on development program orientations and integrated programming issues;
- Identify and develop new programs in accordance with programming frameworks and institutional priorities and collaborate on necessary steps to ensure their funding;
- Participate in the definition of departmental priorities with respect to programming, regions and themes to be prioritized, potential partners and populations to be served;
- Ensure the various stages of identification, planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of the programs and projects under his or her responsibility;
- Provide information to other departments within the Organization regarding the programs, projects and partners, that can be used for public awareness and engagement, fundraising and advocacy;
- Collaborate with the Administrative Support Unit to ensure proper administrative and financial management of projects and application of departmental administrative procedures;
- Promote and facilitate the participation of Global South partners in public awareness and engagement, advocacy, communications and fundraising activities;
- Contribute to the development of partnership between Global South partners, members of Development and Peace and social change groups in Canada.
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or the equivalent
• Four years of relevant international development field experience
• Proficiency in French, English and Spanish, both written and spoken
• Ability to write, edit and translate texts (such as program frameworks, project proposals, etc.)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Knowledge of a database program (an asset)
• Knowledge of the Results-Based Management
• Good knowledge of the Church and its commitments in social justice and international development matters
• Ability to work in a team
• Available to travel in Canada and abroad
• Available for occasional weekend work
• During field missions, ability to operate in a difficult environment
- Salary, group insurance plan, pension plan and competitive working conditions according to the collective agreement
- Possibility of teleworking (hybrid mode)