Permanent Full-Time position (35 hours/week)
As soon as possible
March 10, 2023
Send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage members of employment equity groups to apply.
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE – CARITAS CANADA is one of the leading Canadian international development NGOs and the official international solidarity organization of the Canadian Catholic Church. The organization supports local partners located in several countries of the Global South. With a network of members across Canada, DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE – CARITAS CANADA raises the awareness of Canadians about the causes of worldwide poverty and injustice and mobilizes Canadians around actions for change.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Campaigns, and in close collaboration with other members of the department, the social media Officer participates in the implementation of various digital campaigns at Development and Peace-Caritas Canada.
The Social Media Officer’s job is to ensure the organization’s presence on social media and to promote its influence. He/She manages the organization’s social media communities on a national scale. He/She contributes to creating an online community ready to mobilize for actions in solidarity with the populations of the South.
In addition, he/she actively participates in the development of best practices in her field and promotes their use among other work teams.
- Actively participate, with team members, in the development of various digital campaign strategies, particularly on the various social media platforms
- Contribute to the development of the organization’s visibility program, in order to increase it with new audiences;
- Participate in the implementation of digital campaign projects in relation to social networks;
- Produce, analyze and interpret campaign performance reports.
- Manage the Organization’s communities across institutional/national social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) by participating in dialogue and providing daily monitoring of the organization’s online reputation;
- Participate in the development of various digital capacity building tools (policies, best practices guide, processes, etc.) ;
- Train members and employees to promote the proper use of social media for the organization.
- Assist, as needed, team members in the production and integration of web and social media content;
- Produce content to be posted on social media in collaboration with the communications advisors;
- Initiate and participate in conversations on all social media platforms and ensure maintenance;
- Monitor best practices and trends in the field of activities.
– Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline (digital media, marketing communications, or equivalent)
– Fluency in spoken and written French and English
– Knowledge of Spanish (an asset)
– Ability to compose, edit and proofread texts in both languages
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
– Mastery of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube
– Mastery of Meta Business Suite, Advertising Manager and Business Manager
– Mastery of social media management tools such as Hootsuite or Buffer
– Mastery of Mail Chimp or any other email marketing solution
– Excellent knowledge of Google Analytics
– Excellent knowledge of Ad Words
– Familiarity with the use of Sharepoint
– Knowledge of Photoshop (an asset)
– Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, including experience managing communities on social networks
– Experience in planning and implementing digital campaigns
– Experience in a non-profit organization (an asset)
– Experience working with youth and different cultural communities (an asset)
– Good knowledge of Canadian social, economic, political, religious and cultural issues
– Knowledge of international development
– Availability to travel occasionally within Canada
– Availability to work occasionally evenings and weekends
• Competitive salary and working conditions according to the collective agreement
• Group insurance and pension plan
• Possibility of a hybrid work mode (telecommuting and office presence)
• Accumulation of 8% vacation after one year of service.