Protecting personal information and conditions of use for this website
Development and Peace commits itself to guaranteeing the confidentiality of online communications with you, through specific policies protecting your privacy and personal information.
Policy protecting your personal information
Development and Peace respects the privacy of the personal information of its donors, supporters, members, partners, staff and others associated with the organization.
The policy and practices we have adopted were designed in the spirit of the ten principles contained in the Canada Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. Please read the following details for further information on how your personal information will be handled. As this policy may change from time to time, we suggest that you consult this page periodically.
Development and Peace is accountable for all personal information under its control. In this context, it also ensures any information provided to a third-party remains confidential.
Limitations on personal information gatherings
Development and Peace gathers the following information: Name, address, telephone and fax number, e-mail address, birth date, credit card number and expiration date (if applicable), language and other information on visitors to this site, such as IP addresses and the pages visited.
Use of personal information
Where the devp.org website requests personal information, you are providing this information to Development and Peace alone. We respect all requests to be excluded from our mailing lists, or from a particular mailing.
The information is collected to enable:
- The processing of donations and the issuing of charitable receipts, as well as membership cards;
- A better understanding how the site is being used, so as to provide you with the information you need.
Distribution of personal information
If you subscribe to Development and Peace’s e-newsletter we will provide you with information on a regular basis.
Development and Peace neither loans nor sells information on its subscribers, or donors.
Development and Peace respects all legal and regulatory requirements on collecting and maintaining personal information. As a general principle, Development and Peace will not reveal your personal information without your permission, or in special circumstances where we believe that justice demands we do so in good faith. In destroying personal information, all paper records are shredded and all electronic data is erased.
Modification or deletion of personal information (e-mail addresses)
It is important to Development and Peace that information identifying you be accurate. If you change your e-mail address, or if any of the other information in our possession is incorrect, please inform us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Protection of personal information
Development and Peace commits itself to taking the measures necessary to protect the personal information each visitor provides.
Development and Peace ensures:
- All donor information is at all times treated by a responsible and qualified staff person;
- All personal information is registered in a secure database;
- Our Internet donations facility is a secure site with all information encrypted or coded, so as to be otherwise inaccessible;
- To the greatest degree possible, all files and support documentation are maintained under lock and key.
Access to your personal information
Development and Peace makes every effort to ensure its policy and practices with respect to personal information are both comprehensive and accessible. All requests for information or for clarification are welcomed. Any individual may request information on his or her personal file at all times.
If you no longer wish to be contacted or sollicited by Development and Peace, please inform us at: email@example.com. Make sure to tell us which means of communication we have been using to reach you: e-mail, regular mail or other.
The use of this site is subject to the following conditions:
- Use of this site implies acceptance of its conditions from the very point of entry.
- Development and Peace reserves the right to change these conditions at any time and to publish these for the online user. Continued use of the site after notice of such conditions attests to their acceptance by the user.
- Users of this site must do so within the boundaries of law and will not violate, restrain or impede the use of this site by other parties.
- The site and the information, names, images, photographs, and logos concerning or making reference to Development and Peace are provided “as is” without any additional representation or interpretation and without any implicit or explicit guarantee of any sort. Under no circumstance will Development and Peace hold itself responsible for damages, including direct or indirect damages without limitation, or any other damages caused by the use of or related to the use or loss of use of the site, either with or without contract.
- Development and Peace does not guarantee the site’s operations will not be interrupted and/or are exempt from error, or shortcomings will be corrected or the site or server will be free of viruses or bugs, or even its full functionality or the precision and exactness of its content.
- The limitations of author’s rights:
- All commercial use or publication of all or part of the content of this site is strictly prohibited without the expressed prior authorization of Development and Peace.
- Documents or photos can be copied for personal use on condition the credits and source are also copied and no change is made to the documents or photos and these are recopied in their entirety.
- Development and Peace does not hold itself responsible for the content of external websites that may be linked to this site.
- All communications or documents transmitted or posted, and all components of the site containing data, questions, commentary, suggestions or other information, will be treated as non-confidential information.
- If there is a conflict between the conditions and/or regulations of this site and those applying to a specific document that may be posted, the latter takes precedent.
- These conditions will be applied in the context of Canadian law.
- If the user is not prepared to accept these conditions in their entirety, he or she must immediately sever connections to this site.
That your contribution brings hope to thousands of people in the Global South who seek only what they need: a better life based on respect and dignity. Please accept our sincere thanks on behalf of our partners and beneficiaries.
Donations, whether made online, by telephone or by mail, are non-refundable. However, if you accidentally make the same donation more than once, please contact us.
Monthly donors may cancel future donations by contacting us.
Contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your full name, address, postal code and telephone number)